Tuesday 31 March 2020

VP Interview: LunarVP

Today we have an interview with LunarVP a pillar of the virtual photography community, positive, outgoing and polite. Not only is she wonderfully supportive but also has a plethora of emotive and fantastic virtual photographs within her gallery. Through this interview LunarVP discusses her favourite games, her inspiration and gives a few tips to help out other VPs. 

I hope you find the interview as inspiring as I did. Happy reading.


Read Dead Redemption 2

What got you into the Virtual photography hobby and why is it special to you?

Well growing up I was never allowed to play video games, since my dad said they were for boys. Later in my life my parents divorced and my mom, brother and sister bought me a PS4 for Christmas that I had been asking for. The first game I ever played was GTA5 and I honestly fell in love with scenery. I took pictures on the game but I never posted them, which was the start of my obsession. In high school I took art classes and learned about composition and all the basic art principles. I feel like that was the big moment my gaming turned into more than just playing a "silly game". I made my photography account shortly after Red Dead Redemption 2 came out so i could post my photos since i loved doing it in other games like Skyrim.


Virtual photography is special to me because it game me the ability to see so many different things I could've never imagined myself. I get taken to a whole new world with new people and am able to meet friends along the way.

I've heard many sad stories but also good ones as well. I made tons of friends online and lost contact with some as well. But I wouldn't change my experience even if I could. Virtual photography is special to me because of the people I see with me today, and the people I will see in the future as well


You say that you have made many friends online. What would you say the community means to you and why would you encourage others to be part of it?


My favourite subject is body language. Its kind of hard to depict in my photos, but a lot of them have different subjects that are in a specific pose, some bodies display serenity, confidence, and playfulness, while others may portray vulnerability, fear, or even hostility. This subject is one way I can compare all my photos which are all different because each subject has a distinctive body language.




I think this subject is my favourite because I enjoy seeing the pose and emotions what the subject is feeling. I have a sense of the subject's emotion in the picture. I think pulling the viewer into the photo is really cool and can speak to so many people in different ways.





You mentioned your love of Red Dead Redemption 2 earlier. What is it that draws you to this western setting?
Honestly i just enjoy being someone different. I've never really liked how I looked in real life so I enjoy rpg's so I can be more immersive into the games I play. It is also a plus because I really love horses.

Are there any other games you look forward to taking photographs in, or any you have that you want to explore deeper?

A game I'm extremely excited for is the Last of Us 2. I think the scenery is going to be astonishing and I cant wait to see what other games have to offer... as long as they have a good photo mode!


Being an avid virtual photographer yourself, do you have any advice for those fresh into the hobby?

There are tons of ways to get your photos into a crisp condition, such as using certain photo apps to help take off any noise or pixelation on an image.
The apps I tend to use on my phone are Photoshop Express, Remini and Lightroom. If you're just starting out into the community I'd suggest taking photos of things you love in a game. Find a subject and try to look at it from all angles and see if the photo is interesting.


Although it may seem hard at first , if you continue to practice eventually you will get the hang of it.

The main things I always try to mess with are:

1. The angle
2. The cropping
3. The tints of color
4. Shadows and highlights
5. Noise reduction

If you pay attention to these things you can give more character and life to the image you have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment