Thursday 12 March 2020

PS4 is Ahead of the Console Race


God of War by Atlantisframe

In October I turned away from the Xbox after nearly ten years of owning one. I wasn't keen on losing the few hundred games in my online library or starting a fresh but Playstation was just too tempting. Most people I was speaking to on Instagram played on the PS4 and also there was so many juicy exclusives with a photo mode. I traded in my console, a small collection of games and sold an old Pokemon game through my friend on ebay

That was the day I made the exchange for my PS4 Pro from CEX. It was also the day my gaming time doubled...


Spider-Man by Aj Gaming Captures

It was no surprise to me to learn that the new sales figures suggest that the PS4 is significantly widening the gap on the Xbox One. There are so many tantalising exclusives, four titles you will see represented in shots by two talented virtual photographers throughout this article. 

At a recent financial briefing, AMD said that their sales for both consoles was around 150 million units. By the end of 2019 it is estimated that 109 million PS4 units have been sold. Therefore it can be assumed that the sales for the Xbox would be around 41 million. Of course Microsoft have released no figures, but this is understandable when you are at such the tail end of the competition.


Uncharted 4 by Atlantisframe

Console sales are far from the only revenue the companies get but it is still a good indicator of how much both companies are achieving.

The future is bright for Sony. With titles like Last of Us 2Godfall and Ghosts of Tsushima, it is no wonder the PS5 is looking so strong. 


Last of Us by Aj Gaming Captures

(Statistics 
sourced via Push Square)

No comments:

Post a Comment