Monday 27 April 2020

VP Interview: Peppermint Gamer


Today we have an interview with PeppermintGamer. Both a musician and a virtual photographer. She dips into a variety of mediums to portray her love of gaming and film. Through this interview PeppermintGamer discusses her favourite games, her inspirations and gives us an insight into her musical talents. To see her music please check out her Instagram profile here, as I could not imbed the videos.

As always, I hope that you find the interview as inspiring as I did. Happy reading.



Assassin's Creed: Origins


What inspires you with your virtual photography? What is it that drives you and do you feel the photography links with your musical creativity?

Photography is all about capturing moments in time to look back on and remember. I thought that taking game screenshots is quite similar. I've already been taking screenshots here and there. But when I discovered photo mode in the Assassin's Creed games, I thought, "Why not share them on social media?" It's fun capturing fun, interesting, unique moments in games. I didn't know there was a virtual photography movement until I started seeing the tag on Instagram.

I suppose the creativity behind virtual photography has been making me feel more inspired to play more video game music and try something new.



Assassin's Creed: Origins

Out of all the games you take shots from, which is your favourite and why?


It's difficult to pick a favourite. Right now, it's Assassin's Creed: Origins. History is fascinating and I think it's awesome to be able to explore a virtual world and see what it might've been like back in ancient times. Great photo opportunities too!



Assassin's Creed: Origins

How long have you been playing the piano and do you have any other musical talents?

I started taking piano lessons at least 15 years ago, I think. I am a very musical person! I have choir, concert band, and orchestra experience too.



GRIS

In your music what/who would you say your biggest inspirations are?


Believe it or not, I completely stopped playing the piano for a couple of years because I was so tired of the stress and pressure of piano lessons. I wanted nothing to do with it and didn't think of enrolling in music when I started high school. But my friends in peer pressured me into signing up for music class and from there I kind of found love for music again. My high school music teacher was so inspiring and amazing.



AER Memories of Old

To others out there looking to express themselves more, what advice would you give them?

From an artistic sense, don't be afraid to try new things! Never say you are terrible at or can't do something and use it as an excuse. You don't have to be good at something to express it or share it. The more you practise and get feedback, the better you'll get!



A drawing by Peppermint Gamer


Now back to virtual photography. What games are you most looking forward to playing and taking shots of next?

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for sure! I've had it for a while but I'll get to it eventually. Same for The Witcher 3! I do want to buy Metro Exodus and Plague: A Tale of Innocence as well!



Child of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment