Sunday 12 April 2020

Retrospective: Resident Evil HD Remake

Here is the second post on the horror retrospective. These were originally going to be in one article like the International Woman's Day feature, but due to the quality of what I received I decided to post them separately,  giving each virtual photographer their space to shine. 

Here is Gaming_kweenz on Resident Evil the HD remake. A game that will also always have a special place in my heart. The addition of Crimson heads was terrifying and seeing my favourite series, original feature get a beautiful re-skin was beyond a gift. 


Resident Evil is definitely my favourite horror games. I feel that it is an underrated gem of the horror genre. It is a classic that really captures the true meaning of survival horror. The lighting is used perfectly to set the eerie atmosphere. Throughout the game you are constantly on the edge of your seat because of the unique fixed-camera angle. Due to the slow pace of the game the tension always slowly builds and enemies often catch you off guard. 


Resident Evil was one of the first games I ever played. It filled me with a range of emotions from excitement to being instantly terrified. 

Due to this I now have a little dark corner of my heart reserved just for the Resident Evil games. 





No comments:

Post a Comment