Friday 10 April 2020

Gaming is Wonderful: Fiction Allows Me to Escape

Today we have another Gaming is Wonderful post by a private Instagram account. Very much in the shadows this user keeps in the background and is happier there, something that I imagine most of us can relate to at one time or another. As usual it is a humbling read that made me appreciate what I have in life, hopefully it will do the same to you. 



It isn't often that I wish to share things about myself. But the Gaming is Wonderful section of this blog really inspired me. I felt like I could relate to every post. I am pretty insignificant both in life and online. I try to stick to the shadows and lack a lot of self confidence. Part of me wishes I could be more but I know that it wouldn't work out. 


Far Cry 5 by VPVibrancy

When I am not working I spend my days writing fan fiction and living out my life in video games. I'm not a child anymore but I still live at home as a part-time carer to my mother. Life is hard and with no other support we make do. In my country disability allowance is pretty much non-existent and we really have to work hard to survive. Due to this I don't have a decent PC or a PS4 Pro or Xbox X, I make do with a lesser new gen console. 


Control by VPVibrancy

Gaming is what allows me to disconnect, I write online fan fics about the games and TV shows that I am into and am pretty active on Tumblr and a few other sites with that content. Without these escapes I would crumble. I love my mother but at times the attachment and dependency makes me want to drown myself. I often feel like I am drowning in life. I have no goals or end game beyond the present, we have to take each day as it comes. 


Skyrim by VPVibrancy

The glowing and positive nature of the virtual photography community really inspires me. I am hoping eventually I can afford something that takes better shots and enjoy some newer games. Money is tight so I rely on thrift-store purchases and hand me downs from friends. But until then I shall continue to post my videos and pictures and continue to appreciate the pictures of others. 


Elite Dangerous by by VPVibrancy

I chose VPVibrancy's work as I feel that what she is doing here is a gift to us. I wasn't even following her until recently. I feel Asha deserves some credit for her efforts. 


Assassin's Creed Origins by VPVibrancy

No comments:

Post a Comment